LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

About Me

My photo
Young, pretty and fabulous! LOL

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hanoi Trip (Day 4)

It was raining the whole morning and it was nice... I can't explain the serenity i felt when we head down to the lobby for breakfast... just pure bliss...

Breakfast was Pho and Viet coffee... can't get tired of these...srsly...



Then we tried getting a taxi from the hotel staff but the taxi didn't come (could be because of the rain and holiday).. Anyways, since the rain has almost stopped, we decided to walk to Dong Xuan Market... Erm, this market was suppose to be the place for you to buy all the souvenir stuffs...




Husband read the map and navigate, and my role was to find and read road signs... keke...
Oh did I tell you that I didn't bring any slippers so I have to buy one coz I felt like walking in flip flops that day.. I bought it the night before from the bicycle vendor lady and it costs me 80,000 VND... Wtf, RM16 for a pair of selipar jipun.. but what to do...just buy la..

Ok when we reached Dong Xuan, it's a big market, but poorly managed. We bought some stuffs and Vietnamese silks for the moms and the cute-cute face mask (famous in vietnam)... Bargaining was through calculators coz they speak little or no Enaglish at all. A word of advice, should you ever go to Dong Xuan market, never EVER go to the ladies... I regretted going but I have no choice coz I really have to pee and I got the shock of my life. They don't have walls in between the individual toilets. So the ladies just squat over the holes and go. No sink to wash hand just a single running pipe and a big bucket and a gayung there... Argh...! Tsk tsk... I have to pee so bad so I manage to survive the most extreme toilet condition in my life... haha.

We spent the whole day shopping / window shopping along the streets of Hanoi and by noon we felt hungry so went back to the hotel to put the stuffs we bought and went out again for lunch. We went to Pho 10, the place recommended by the hotel staff since day 1, but it's closed till dinner time, so we went to another restaurant near the hotel and ate this...




Not crazy bout it, but the deep fried roll was nice. The husband tried their local rice wine and he said it tasted just like langkau but stronger. So he almost got drunk from that small sip.. Tsk tsk.

After relaxing a bit we head down to hunt food again.. Dinner was Pho, Nem, and Ca Bo but pre-dinner we went to eat this. Forgot the name of this dish. But it's basically very fine rice porridge with char kui and shredded chicken meat on top... Tasty.




My tummy never felt happier...

After dinner, we went back to hotel to take our bath and immediately headed out again to find a place to lepak... We managed to find a cool place but it was infested by backpackers (most of them were mat salleh) so we went further into town and found a tapas restaurant... We didn't get any tapas but drank the cocktails there... Quite expensive.. Husband not satisfied with one drink so we went back to the cool place and managed to find available seats for us at the bar... So we ordered margarita for me and mojito for husband... then we ordered shisha (melon flavored) This was my first shisha ever! Then husband ordered more and more beers before we went back to the hotel... The bartender cum owner of the place asked us to write a memorabilia on the walls before we left.. so this was what we wrote...




Enough said... :)

No comments: