LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

About Me

My photo
Young, pretty and fabulous! LOL

Thursday, August 18, 2011

In War with Measles

Sigh... Bebe Ian is down with measles... Started having high temperature on 16/8/2011 (in KK) morning but
 when we brought him to the doctor, the rashes were not out yet. So the Dr just prescribed us with fever syrup and asked us to give him more plain water. Just before noon, when his forehead has started to feel warmer, I notice that his body (trunk area) was covered with small red spots... OMG... Then my mom checked, and she concluded that it's measles..... CRAP.

We flew back to KL on the same evening and poor Ian was sleeping while latching onto my breast the whole journey and he was very warm to the touch. That night was our first ordeal taking care of a sick baby. Ian has never came down with a fever before and we were left clueless as to how to handle him in such situation. Luckily my mother in law is with us and she too told us that it's measles and nothing could be done but these;

1. Do not give Ian a bath YET.
2. Continue giving fever medicine when temperature is high.
3. Breastfeed. Luckily Ian wants to suckle my breast non stop since he started developing fever. So at least his getting his milk just fine.
4. Give plain water.
5. Continue solid feeding.
6. Do not eat spicy food (This is for myself because I breastfeed Ian).
7. Asked husband to try find a fresh coconut to bath Ian with... Plucked coconut not those fallen ones. Now where can we get one in KL?

Thank God his fever has gone as of yesterday afternoon. And I just hope it's only a matter of time for the whole spots to appear and then he will recover fully. It's just sad to see him so weak and crying all the time. Me and husband have not been sleeping well for the past 2 nights too, so exhausting!

Anyone has experience dealing with measles before? I remembered I was down with chicken pox when I was in primary school... And that was BAD. Hope mothers out there could share your thoughts on this. TQ

2 comments:

si penagih kopi said...

wah poor bb Ian...iggos jaga dia baik baik...gud luck jaga bb demam ^___^

LonTugi said...

kan cian ian... u bile nak lawat ian... mak ian rindu u...