LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

About Me

My photo
Young, pretty and fabulous! LOL

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

4 days a week?

I came across an article over on the NST where employers in the US are implementing a 4-day workweek for their employees to cope with the surging cost of daily living. Employees are required to work for 10 hours a day (instead of the normal 8 hours a day) though to compensate the amount of work for a day-less in a week. Even school are adjusting their schools are also considering this move.

Anyone up for this idea? I think it's great. Not only we can save the expenses (e.g. petrol, lunch , bfast, toll fee) that we need to spend in order to go to work weekly, it will also give us more time for our OWN sweet use. :D
It will also benefit the employers I think, since it will reduce their daily operating cost. Looking back at my old job, working 10 hours or more in a day was almost normal. In fact, there were times when I need to work for almost 12 hours straight in the office. Neverending workload is normal for most companies nowadays. So no harm in trying 10 working hours for 4-day workweek right?
Hmm, so let's say the gov decided to implement this move too... What should I do for that extra one day off? I have one thing in my mind right now... SLEEP IN!!!

No comments: