LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

About Me

My photo
Young, pretty and fabulous! LOL

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shape Run 2009

This post was meant to be written on Sunday, right after the run itself. But I was so tired, and my feet was starting to feel major pain... so all I managed to do was : uploaded the run pics and soak my feet in warm water for awhile before hitting my bed.

Next morning, (actually it was almost 12pm...haha) I woke up with stiff legs. Apparently the warm water didn't help at all... Yoko2 also not helping... Haihh... After popping a couple of painkillers, I was up on my feet and doing chores around my house... :)

Anyways, about the run... It was FUN as I expected it will be. The event was superb, and since most of my friends (i.e. old colleagues, current colleagues, gym buddies) were there, it was a blast! Well, I was nervous right before the run started though... looking at all those regular runners... (I would think they're regulars just because their outfits sure look like they are... am I making any sense here? Haha)

The run started @ 8pm... and I signed up for Women's Open 11.5km. Guess what?? I finished the whole run and my personal time was 1 hour and 50 minutes!!! Hey, don't laugh... I am proud that I finished the run and NO... I was not the last to arrive. I would say I was in the average group?? Haha whatever la.. So @ 9.50pm, I reached the finishing line and upon approaching there was this one cool guy (I think one of the organizing crew) who was cheering and give encouragement to us to run the last 100 m or so.. and I did!!!

So here, the goodie bag that first attracted me to join this run.. (hehehe)



Actually, there's few voucher's in the envelope that I've forgotten to put to display


The vest (or what should I call it, running top?) haha.. Oh it was nice too... by Reebok. Not bad eh... for 30 bucks of joining fee?? And appended below was my certificate for completing the run... Haaha...


So it was an amazing experience... to run at nite at Putrajaya... with all the buildings, roads and bridges were sinfully decorated / lit by loads of lights ... I think some are unnecessary though... what a total waste of energy. And now, my legs are better. At least I can almost walk like a normal person do. So I would say the post effect run was about 2 days top... Not bad.. not bad... :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

bestnya ko ig,p laru lari lagi....heheh...if y..adui..abis da kali krem kaki setengah jalan...

Mama Mia said...

Congrats to you Ig! Dapat goodies & ada sijil lagi...:)

KaDusMama said...

wahhh...sia 1km pun macam mau mampus sudah jalan, apa lagi dari Nilai to putrajaya..*pengsan*

memeljoan said...

teringat sa dulu ikut larian 10km dr tg aru...ko ada ikutkah tu? masa tu sek men lg kita...

LonTugi said...

da - nasib sia teda cramp la... tp doi, lepas tu...matai... mcm naik gunung dulu2 oo...

mamamia - tx! ya, goodie bag tu dorongan hebat sia... kekeke

tt - napa dr nilai mo pg putrajaya? ko dari nilai? hehehe... kalau siang mengkali sia surrender...mlm baitu, tidak panas kan... so oklah...

memel - ada ka? tia ingat pula sia... teda kali sia ikut tu... yg sia teringat masa sukan2 skool... jarak jauh bah kunun selalu kena kasi ikut... hahaha... tp masa tu slim lagi.. kakaka

Anonymous said...

good for u... klu sia drop dead sdh kali ehehe...jauh baitu...

carol said...

hi egg:)

LonTugi said...

caro??? why didn't u leave ur link? :)

gunturina said...

wah..goodies!! *envy*

cni melaka xda ka 2?