LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

About Me

My photo
Young, pretty and fabulous! LOL

Friday, February 17, 2012

The first of this and that...


When you have a kid there will be a lot of "the first time he/she did something" events... Like mine I have several that I can list down for now;
1. First step! - happened last week few days after his birthday in kk during our holiday. Talk about the right moment at the right time. :)
2. First fall off the bed - Ouch, he was playing his toys in bed and I went to switch on the aircon then he fell. Head first. I screamed then he screamed louder.
3. First time he blew bubbles- He's drinking from his cup during meals and one day he just started blowing bubbles whenever we gave him water to sip.. Hehe
4. First word? - Actually I failed to pinpoint which word came out from his mouth first coz everything just came out at almost the same time. And mind you, they were not real words... Coz it's more like blabbering sound.. haha
5. First solid meal - He had his first meal ever when he was 5 months and 3 weeks old. I gave him mashed ripe banana mixed with my breast milk... Only a few spoons though... He gave me his weird face expression the whole time... haha..
6. First swimming pool dip - This ended up badly as he developed rashes all over his body. Guess the water was dirty... Or too much chlorine... So I banned Cyberjaya public pool for Bebe Ian..
7. First laugh? - Seriously I could not recall this but this boy was laughing ever since he's few months old.. (Not to include sleep smiling, this one he did right after birth)
8. First fall on the floor - When he was 11 months old. This happened in KCH during holiday. My heart almost stopped. I was so protective over him the first 11 months that I did not leave him to crawl around the house. I let my guard down during that trip and he fell not once but 5 freaking times.
9. First fever attack - When he was 6 months old. Lasted for 2 days. Started on our last day holidaying in kk. I think it was Roseola and not measles as my MIL and my mother stated.
10. First time Bebe Ian is fully breast fed - When he was around 5 months. I stopped formula after he started to vomit out the milk (i've tried Enfalac A+, Mamex Gold, Anmum) and after educating myself and with the help of my good pumping buddy (tx nat!) I managed to supply enough breast milk till now. Not easy but worth the effort. :)

Seriously, there's a lot of first time of events that to list them all down will be like having a final term paper to complete in an hour. But nonetheless, they are all securely placed in my mind and I will cherish them will all my heart. :)

1 comment:

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Awwww... so sweet to be reading all this firsts! Good to hear you have a good support who encouraged you to breastfeed back!

Btw, it is not east to pump and breastfeed after going back to work, let alone, you are still doing it at 14 months! Bravo!

Thanks for dropping by my blog, glad to hear my post is an inspiration to you! Hope to see you back more often! Have a nice day!

~ Jenny