LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

About Me

My photo
Young, pretty and fabulous! LOL

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Miss Universe

I like watching this show every single year. I like to see the expression of the winner and the "not" winners... And the beautiful dresses they wore during the evening gown competition... I could never wear such dresses in my lifetime (maybe if I get really slim down and grow another 5 inches at least)... sob sob...

Why not watch a fashion show then you say? Fashion show is different. Models who model the dresses / clothes during a fashion show are normally a size 0 or double 0 (or is there a new size for the super skinnies nowadays?)... Well, I just don't fancy watching skin and bones parading clothes on a stage.

So back to Miss Universe. Every year, I was hoping for an accidental event happened live on the show everytime. Yeah, I'm bad..but that's the fun part of the show :)) Last year, Miss USA fell down but still managed to get to the Top 5...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgin5ntt7hQ <----Watch how she fell graciously, haha.

This year, I was well entertained again when Miss USA did it again..but the "stunt" was not enough to put her through to the next round... boohoo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6EUZ-HRnmM <--- And not so graciously, could almost she her expression was like "Oh, crap!"

Anyhow, put Miss USA aside... If you read in the net, ppl are speculating that this incident of falling 2 years straight was like fated... Meaning another year of recession period?? Now I'm saying "Oh, crap!". You see, the company that I'm working for is an American based... So, we were actually affected by the recession... less bonus, less increment this year... Ok now I'm out of the post title...hehehe

I dun have any favorites this year... (since my partner spoiled my curiosity by telling me who's the winner before the show started...hmm malas sia).. But I kind of like Miss Mexico... She got the 4th Runner Up...

I caught a glimps of Miss Malaysia during the intro and national costume part... Hmm, I kind of pity her, the hair was like too much for her petite frame and the make up seems off too... It was like seeing a small person with fluffy, "super long" curly locks only.... Like she was drowning with her own hair... I don't mean to be insulting, but those big, long curly locks are not so suitable for our average height don't you think? And the dress, I just don't get it.

Anyways, Miss Venezuela won the title this year... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoWIXxERey4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol! Now you have me hooked on runway falls.

:)

LonTugi said...

Haha, enjoy JellyMom :))