LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

About Me

My photo
Young, pretty and fabulous! LOL

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Entertained but scared.

It's been a while since I last watched a scary film and since I gatal2 go and subscribed to April's Tayangan Hebat at Astro, my partner and I decided to layan "They Wait" just now.


The movie was about a tragedy befallen on one family during the Hungry Ghost Festival. I would say it's an OK scary movie, yet I wouldn't be watching it if I were alone... Haha.
I have something to share with you guys. When I was in secondary school, I was sooo into horror, dark mysteries and supernatural books.I think I read them too much that when I was in Form 5, I have had a some kind of a meltdown. I can't really explain much (as I can't quite understand why it happened)...


What happened was, on this one day I woke up and I started crying, crying and crying. I managed to get ready for school (I was schooling in SBPS, so it's a dormitory life), and I remembered it was like 5am or almost 6am , and I headed to one of our public phone available in front of our admin building. It was still a bit dark, and when I called home and my father answered and I was like sobbing and crying... I don't even remember what I was saying. Then my father asked me whether I want to talk to my mum and I said yes. But I don't remember what I told my mum too. I was like " sob...mie...sob sob... mummy.. sob". Got the idea right? Haha.
Cut the story short, I was still crying and was sitting in the principal's office waiting for my parents to come. When they arrived they asked permission to bring me back to home for a day. When we reached home, I remembered my mum started crying too, asking me what happened to me and stuff. She must have thought the worst. I couldn't say much cause I was still stupidly crying. And moments later my grandmother (I call her Mama) came to the house. Then she asked me to drink a glass of water with some weird pieces of wood inside. And I slept.
Amazingly, when I woke up, I was normal again. No more this heaviness in my chest that caused me to cry. I couldn't recall what caused me to cry earlier though. Being parents, they kept asking what happened to me. Then I told my mum and Mama that I was reading a ghost story the nite before, but not sure if the culprit because nothing else happened. Then they said that I was lemah semangat... which resulted in a meltdown. So I was forbidden to read anymore scary stuffs at that time. Yalah, with SPM coming at that time.
So since that incident, I gave up all ghost story books and no more horror films. Since I love reading so much, I started picking up romance novels instead. Haha, talking about a total diversion. Now that I'm an adult, I still somehow detest horror movies... and after all these years I finally read a scary novel months ago. I'm playing it safe I think. Hehehe.
I wonder if anyone has ever experienced this lemah semangat thing... I don't know what to believe but I do hope it will never happened again. Did freak me out.
P/S - My partner is dragging me to watch Fast & Furious tmr nite. Hope it'll worth my Sunday nite...O_O

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ig,sy ingat jugak tu ..hehehe...wah..lama sudah juga ko x baca buku/tengok horror movie ni...kestau sy if 2f2f4 tu best ka x..nt sy bli cd...hehe

GC said...

one thing about horror movie, if you are the 'weak' type better don't watch coz' it'll give you nightmare, that's why we don't let kids watch horror movies

lupie said...

Oh dear ....
Glad you are okay!

memeljoan said...

Iya Ig...sa masih ingat lagi tu yg ko nangis2 ja mo pulang...kami pun heran ni, kami ingat ko homesick time tu...sekarang baru sa tau sebab dia...hmmmm

nad said...

huiii..dah dah jangan tengok or bace cerita hantu dah ok ..nanti kene balik sabah dah jauh :p

Happened to my bro when he was little..he is the type of li'l kid who can see 'things'. One day he join us watching some cerita hantu. Then dunno y he was so scared he never dares to go to toilet. U know wut he does?? he pooed in a tissue paper, and try to musnahkan the evidence by throwing the tissue papers out of the window! Of kos la we jumpe and we knew he is the culprit :p. Had to bring him jumpe some ustaz but he is now ok la..but thinking of the incident, it was actually hillarious ehehehe

LonTugi said...

da - fast & furious best. pg tgk.

gregchai - hardly got nightmare, but dunno la, maybe i am the "weak" type... coz i really can't sleep in the dark when i'm alone. haha

lupie - yep glad that i made it thru.. ;)

memel- ya bah, bikin malu ja kan... haha guntalou matu sia ni...

nadiah - OMG... tat's really hilarious... anyways, will still layan any good horror movies when i have frens around..haha

Gallivanter said...

It was good eh? Hmmmm

Mama Mia said...

i love reading too. But am not horror movie/books. hate it after watching/reading them, trus terbayang2 dlm fikiran utk 2-3 tu image yg mengerikan..:)

Nasib baik semangat ko pulih after minum tu air kan...:)

LonTugi said...

hi Gallivanter - u mean the movie fast & furious? yeah i enjoyed it...

mamamia - bah samalah kita tu kan... hehehe, tp kalau ada kawan siok juga ba tinguk horror film...