LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

About Me

My photo
Young, pretty and fabulous! LOL

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sepa mau tidur kijap?

I was reading my April issue of Reader's Digest during lunch today and came across this article on "How The World Sleeps". It's interesting to know that the sleeping culture differs almost greatly around the world.

The one part which amazes me was that in Spain, napping in the afternoon (or siesta) is widely practiced even on weekdays. Was mentioned that this actually contributes to a more productive employee rather than working straight for hours and hours and it benefits the cardiovascular health too. Japan also supporting this idea. (Malas mo tulis panjang2, bagus lagi kalau korang baca ni article sendiri..hehe)

However, for Western perception, napping at work shows sign of laziness. Darn it. I think sepa sepa yang kerja in the private sector mesti paham ni. Yalah, most of the private sectors are somehow US based ka, UK based ka... etc etc...

Just recently, I started to be able to just dozed off on my desk. U know like during lunch hour / after 6pm (after office hours la) but it won't be for long period. I think the longest nap I took after 6pm was about 10 minutes... But then, even if I let myself to doze off, there's this subconcious state of myself thinking that maybe my boss will see me dozing myself in the office and wonder why am I still in the office without doing any work...

Oh, how I wish I'm in Spain or some other hot countries where siesta is allowed... Just imagine, if we are to be allowed to bring our fav blanket or pillow and given an hour or so just napping ourselves away.... It'll be a total bliss!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yala ig...best kan if dapat nap kijap..even at work...sy kadang2 ada juga afternoon nap...ikut baby sy nap hehe....

Mama Mia said...

Best jg kan klu siesta is allowed here...tp part yg baru fav blanket & pillow tu mcm a bit too much pulak..dont u think so? well, that's my opinion only la...:)

memeljoan said...

Ehehe...klu sa pun, sa mo juga ikut stail Spain tapi jgn koloboii sdhlah...eheheh

LonTugi said...

da - sioknya ko kan...bulih ikut baby napping...

mamamia - hehehe, yaya too much... but can't help imagining... ;p

memel - kan kan? :D

GC said...

bah, nanti sia pura-pura buka ni blog ko di komputer bos sia supaya dia paham-paham la bila tenampak sia tidur di upis hehehe

KaDusMama said...

opis kami ada jugua orang yang tidur masa lunch hour..dalam 15minit macam tu lah..sia nda berani tidur sebab tempat sia nie orang lalu lalng..karang ada bihis keluar, bikin malu jak...ekekee

LonTugi said...

gregchai - jgn kama... nti bos ko cari sia, matai...

tt - haha, yaya... makin lagi kalau kogoruk... :D